- Friday & Saturday, June 9-10
- BRDG Park (1005 N. Warson Road, St. Louis MO 63132)
- Challenger Learning Center (205 Brotherton Lane, St. Louis MO 63135)
In Partnership with:
Friday, June 9th and Saturday, June 10th 2017, St. Louis had the honor of hosting a CSO Institute with about 30 students in attendance from schools from Missouri and its surrounding states. Students engaged with STEAM professionals and each other to build leadership, business, and interpersonal skills through science-geared activities. Professionals in their field presented workshops for the students in science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics to prepare the participants for a greater task: after this institute, they will continue to use the skills acquired to promote STEAM in their school and home communities.
Schools in attendance
Education & workforce organizations represented
Our 13 workshops covered 5 leadership, 5 STEAM, 4 career, and 5 community outreach topics necessary to be Chief Science Officers. At the conclusion of the weekend, students presented action plans for the upcoming school year.
See their action plans to the right.
- Gibson Southern CSOs have planned a board meeting and a Back to School Orientation this summer.
- Jackson Central-Merry Early College CSO Lilly has spoken to her teachers, district school board, and community partners about CSO. They have also planned an open house coming up!